The West Virginia Foreign Language Teachers Association is now accepting applications for the Cemanahuac Educational Community scholarship to study abroad in Cuernavaca Mexico this summer. This is a Spanish immersion program for West Virginia Spanish teachers. This scholarship focuses on WV Spanish teachers who have had very limited or no opportunity to study abroad in a Spanish speaking country.
Applications are due by April 30th. We know it is a short turn around time, but circumstances dictate that we move quickly in this process.
Please follow the link to fill out the digital application. A description of the program is also included. Please pass this on to any WV Spanish teacher who may benefit from this opportunity.
WEST VIRGINIA FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHERS ASSOCIATION OUTSTANDING TEACHER AWARD
The West Virginia Foreign Language Teachers Association wishes to honor and acknowledge outstanding world language teachers who exemplify the standards of highly qualified, effective teaching practices. The teacher chosen will be honored at the Fall Conference.
Nominees are being accepted in the category of Outstanding K12 Teacher and Outstanding Higher Education teacher and must meet the following criteria:
- Active member in WVFLTA including but not limited to:
- attendance at WVFLTA conference
- dues paying member for five consecutive years
- presenting at WVLFTA conferences
- Professional Involvement in Strengthening Teaching
- Examples might include membership in AATSP, AATF, AATG, ACL, ACTFL, SCOLT, NECTFL or other national language advocacy organizations
- Excellence in Teaching
- Embodies current effective practices for language teaching
- provides opportunities for language learning outside of the classroom (field trips, festivals, poster competition, BOE visits, etc)
- recommendations from a supervisor, colleague and community member,student or parent
A steering committee appointed by the president of the WVFLTA will evaluate nominees according to criteria on the attached rubric.
The attached nomination packet is comprised of the following components:
- Nomination form
- Three recommendation forms (one each from a supervisor, colleague and community member, student or parent)
- Resume form
The resume forms are to be given to the nominee. It is the responsibility of the nominee to ensure that recommendation forms are distributed to the appropriate persons and submitted to WVFLTA, and that a resume is completed and forwarded to the WVFLTA.
Please e-mail all forms pertaining to nominations for the WVFLTA Outstanding Teacher Award to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10th, 2017
Call for Proposals 2017 Fall Conference
We are now accepting proposals to be considered for the Fall Conference. Please complete and submit the form attached by May 26th if you have a presentation, poster, or roundtable idea to be considered. The theme is “Aim of World Language Proficiency: The Key to West Virginia’s Future.” We look forward to reviewing the proposals and hopefully having your attendance in the upcoming Fall conference.
DEADLINE for submission: May 26th, 2017
Notification of acceptance by June 16th, 2017