WEST VIRGINIA FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHERS ASSOCIATION OUTSTANDING TEACHER AWARD
The West Virginia Foreign Language Teachers Association wishes to honor and acknowledge outstanding world language teachers who exemplify the standards of highly qualified, effective teaching practices. The teacher chosen will be honored at the Fall Conference.
Nominees are being accepted in the category of Outstanding K12 Teacher and Outstanding Higher Education teacher and must meet the following criteria:
- Active member in WVFLTA including but not limited to:
- attendance at WVFLTA conference
- dues paying member for five consecutive years
- presenting at WVLFTA conferences
- Professional Involvement in Strengthening Teaching
- Examples might include membership in AATSP, AATF, AATG, ACL, ACTFL, SCOLT, NECTFL or other national language advocacy organizations
- Excellence in Teaching
- Embodies current effective practices for language teaching
- provides opportunities for language learning outside of the classroom (field trips, festivals, poster competition, BOE visits, etc)
- recommendations from a supervisor, colleague and community member,student or parent
A steering committee appointed by the president of the WVFLTA will evaluate nominees according to criteria on the attached rubric.
The attached nomination packet is comprised of the following components:
- Nomination form
- Three recommendation forms (one each from a supervisor, colleague and community member, student or parent)
- Resume form
The resume forms are to be given to the nominee. It is the responsibility of the nominee to ensure that recommendation forms are distributed to the appropriate persons and submitted to WVFLTA, and that a resume is completed and forwarded to the WVFLTA.